Disneyland During Christmas Time Guide
Now is the perfect time to start planning a visit to Disneyland during Christmas Time. Whether you’re interested in Christmas 2019 or Christmas 2020, you can get the best deals from Get Away Today.
Disneyland During Christmas Time
You can book now with Get Away Today for a visit to Disneyland during the magical Christmas holidays. When you combine theme park tickets with a hotel stay, you can use promo code WGAT for an additional $10 in savings with Get Away Today. Find out more about Disneyland during Christmas time below!
Disneyland During Christmas Time – Dates and Decor
The Disneyland Resort starts celebrating the holidays November 8, 2019. The festive decor, music and limited-time treats last through January 6, 2020. When you visit both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, expect to be greeted with holiday trees, ribbons, costumed Disney Characters and more. Storefronts boast lights and garland, while a handful of rides and attractions also undergo makeovers during Christmas. And no, your nose isn’t playing tricks on you; Main Street, U.S.A. really does smell like gingerbread during the holidays!
Disneyland During Christmas Time – Special Attractions
Experience some rides as never before at Disneyland during Christmas time! Did you know some of the attractions have temporary, holiday-themed overlays? It’s a real treat and increases the holiday spirit in the Resort.
Disneyland Park During Christmas Time
- Main Street, U.S.A. Christmas Tree: Hundreds of ornaments and thousands of lights adorn the Christmas Tree on Main Street, U.S.A.. Check the Disneyland app for times to enjoy a nightly tree-lighting ceremony; check the Disneyland app for times.
- Decor on Streetcars/Trolleys: Take a ride on a Main Street, U.S.A. trolley that’s decked with boughs of holly.
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade: Each day you can catch beautiful, festive floats as they parade down Main Street, U.S.A.. Disney Characters are dressed in their holiday best and are accompanied by Santa, life-sized toys and holiday music.
- Dickens Yuletide Band: You’ll be able to experience live performances from the likes of the Yuletide Band or Dapper Dans in Disneyland during Christmas Time.
- Wintertime Enchantment at Sleeping Beauty Castle: To complement the Castle’s new look, Disney decks the halls, walls, windows and towers with thousands of lights, faux icicles, wreaths and even snow for its Wintertime Enchantment.
- “Believe…in Holiday Magic” Firework Show: When the Castle lights up each night, so does the sky. Enjoy a firework show over the Castle, also including light projections, music and falling snow. Check the Disneyland app for showtimes.
- ‘it’s a small world” Holiday and Lights: Each evening, “it’s a small world” lights up in honor of the holidays at Disneyland. To ensure everyone can enjoy the fun and festivities, this celebration occurs every 15 – 30 minutes each night. Additionally, this iconic ride features some limited-time holiday music to go with the song we all know and love.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: Beginning during Halloween Time, Haunted Mansion gets a new look! The Nightmare Before Christmas Characters love to celebrate the winter holidays, Christmas included. Take a tour of the Mansion in Disneyland during Christmas to see what Jack and his friends know about this new-to-them holiday.
- Snowfall at Rivers of America: Live music can be heard on the banks of Rivers of America. On evenings when Fantastmic! isn’t showing, the Jambalaya Jazz Band delights guests with music on the Rivers. Listen for their holiday tunes and look for snowfall.
- Santa in Critter Country: Meet Santa in Critter Country in Disneyland during Christmas. Be sure to check the Disneyland app to ensure this jolly elf can be found in Critter Country during your vacation.
- The Candlelight Ceremony: Typically not heavily advertised by Disney, the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional is an intimate affair in Disneyland during Christmas Time. This musical rendition of the history of Christmas is usually hosted one weekend only during the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort. As always, we recommend referring to the Disneyland app for events dates and times.
Disney California Adventure Park During Christmas Time
- Holiday Tree on Buena Vista Street: A 50-foot Holiday Tree can be found on Buena Vista Street. Each night outside Elias & Co. you can witness a tree-lighting ceremony.
- Santa in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Find Santa in Disney California Adventure Park on the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. From December 24, 2019 – January 6, 2020, Santa will be replaced by a Disney Character so he can be free to make holiday deliveries. Last year it was Goofy dressed in his holiday best.
- Cars Land Christmas Makeover: The enthusiastic town of Radiator Springs gets a whole new look during Christmas time. Enjoy seasonal decor up and down Route 66.
- Mater’s Jingle Jamboree: To get in the spirit, Mater decorates his junkyard and changes up his tunes for the holidays.
- Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl: Another holiday ride overlay can be found at Luigi’s. His rollickin’ roadsters dance along to holiday music, and the dance floor gets a festive new look for the holidays.
- Festival of the Holidays: Paradise Gardens Park transforms during Christmas time. Latin-American traditions and celebrations help you experience a taste of the holidays from around the world.
- Disney ¡Viva Navidad!: The Three Caballeros kick off a street party with lots of music, dancing and color. Sing and dance along with Donald Duck and festive folk dancers.
- Festive Foods Marketplace: Take a literal taste of the holidays in the Marketplace, located near Ariel’s Undersea Adventure. At least a dozen vendors set up shop to offer Latin-American-inspired dishes and desserts.
- Three Kings Day: January 3 – 6, 2020 celebrates the Three Wiseman and the 12th Day of Christmas.
- Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival: Elena appears on her float during Christmas time so you can celebrate Latin American heritage alongside her. Enjoy singing, dancing and storytelling from Elena and friends.
- World of Color Season of Light: In Disneyland during Christmas time, you can experience World of Color with a temporary overlay. Season of Light incorporates water fountains, light projections plus holiday scenes and music from Disney movies.
Book Now and Save
As mentioned, now is a great time to book a visit to Disneyland during Christmas time. You can book a Southern California vacation package with Get Away Today for as low as $175 down with the Layaway Plan and make flexible, interest-free payments up until five days before you travel. It’s a great way to make a Disneyland vacation affordable, and book your favorite hotel before it fills up. You can view all discount Disneyland vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com, or talk to a travel specialist at 855-GET-AWAY. Let them know We Get Around Travel sent you, and remember to use code WGAT for an additional $10 in savings.
Need a Disneyland packing list? Click here for the ultimate packing guide.
Adree | The Keele Deal
It’s been a few years since we have been to Disneyland during the holidays and reading this makes me want to visit again. I love the it’s a small world during the holidays. Also Cars Land was decorated so cute.
Small world is AMAZING on the outside and so charming on the inside. My kids asked to ride it over and over.